Picture

Picture

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Today's Project

Okay. so when we originally painted the living room at the front of the house, I wasn't really crazy about the color.  It's basically the color of hot chocolate.  Sounds delicious, I know, but the room is always dark because it has a tiny North facing window and another tiny East facing window with a beautiful view of my fence and my neighbor's siding.  It's dark in there.  I've been trying to think of a way to brighten things up in there for a while but didn't want to bring up re-painting to my hubster because Hot Chocolate was the SECOND color we painted.  Yes. Hot Chocolate went over Pumpkin Puke.  That wasn't the actual name of the color, but that's what we call it and that's what it looked like. 
 So this is what it looked like shortly after getting painted. Not terrible, but not that great either.  I've since added curtains and (random) a piano.

So I had been dealing with the dark and scary living room, and then I found this picture on Pinterest.
http://pinterest.com/pin/159455643028192654/

Loved it. I had been trying to get the circles in the rug incorporated  in the rest of the room. (The curtains have circles all over them but it just wasn't workin' for me)  When I saw this picture, I loved it.  So!  I'm a super cheap-o, and went to Lowe's and bought a little sample of paint for $3. Yes. $3.  And how ironic is it that the color is Cream in my Coffee?? So now we have Hot Chocolate and Coffee Creamer, and if you know my family, the two go together.

Pulled the furniture out, (sorry about the glare in the window. I'm not a photographer) nasty, ugly, plain wall.

My two year old was calling them big eggs.  yep. They do kinda look like big eggs. The first circle was ... I'll admit it... it was kinda scary, but after about this much, it was pretty darn fun. 

 The girls had their own paint brushes and oodles of desire to help. 


So after about an hour or two, we finished.  I had to barricade the kidd-os in the other room while I did the bottom half, which only took about 20 mins.  Don't worry, they had Cheeto's and a movie.

And a few hours later it was all dry and I could move the furniture back.


And here we are! You are lucky that I was able to get the naked child out of the shot. It's a rare occurrence to have one of them completely clothed.  Start to finish in about three hours. I'm not even joking. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I thought that I would be fighting with babies and kicking them out but it was actually a lot of fun.  I used my dining bench to stand on for the top half and you can see in the picture above that all three of us were standing in a row on it painting.  We had a great time.  I didn't tell my husband that I would be painting the wall that day and he was surprised to see the living room in all pushed to one side, but loved that paint. So that makes me double happy.  He even screwed the outlet covers back on for me. What a babe.

Well there you have it.  Our day project. I even had time to make some yummy dinner for my cute family. 

I had a few people tell me it looks like a lot of work, and ask me if it was hard.  I will say it one more time- THIS WAS SO EASY! AND FUN! If you are thinking about doing something like this, don't be scared, take pictures and let me see your awesomeness!!





2 comments:

  1. I always new my baby sis had it in her. I just had to stick a pin under her hinny to get her going. Wink Wink!! :) XOXO

    Love ya!

    Looks amazing!!

    Now you'll have to help me come up with something for our new house after we move in!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. I needed a pin in my hiney. But it started a TON of ideas. I've caught the painting fever and I'm already designing something for the TV room's giant naked wall, and the little wall in the kitchen. Look at the madness you've started!

    ReplyDelete